About Me

Heber City, UT, United States
A 20 something who is trying to turn my what-if's to what can I do next!

Friday, November 14, 2008

Mean Girls

Two weeks over already? I can not believe it! I hope everyone is learning and laughing as much as I am. This week was busy Sylvia and I had to finish all of our assignments because yesterday was her last day. She only needs half the hours. So she has been leaving a little earlier each day and now she is done completely. Our field supervisor came and observed us for the last time this week and I am just relieved she is so kind. She is a breath of fresh air compared to last semesters supervisor. I feel like she gives us constructive feedback and has our best interest in mind.
Well, you may have noticed the title of this post is Mean Girls. And I hate to admit it, but I have seen the movie Mean Girls multiple time and I think that it represents to a certain extent the female species quite well. Growing up with lots of little friends I have always known that girls are vicious and mean. However, I forgot that girls start to YOUNG! That's right folks, "mean girls" are alive and well in Orem, Utah!
To explain a little better I will give you a couple of examples. First we have so many girls that cry all the time over anything and everything. Two girls in particular and it is almost funny to watch because they sit on opposite ends of the room and they literally glare at each other, and the are in 1st grade! The second example was a little girl during rug time was asked to come up and help the teacher. Upon her returning to her spot on the back row someone had slid into her spot and it was no longer vacant, however there was seat right next to it.. Literally inches away. This little girl persisted to tell the other little girl to move and she didn't. So then the teacher got involved and a couple comments like, "you are not the boss of me!" were thrown around. Mind you through out this whole little scuffle I was sitting like a foot behind them watching and listening intently. And trying not to laugh. So the little girl got her seat back and then she leaned over to the other little girl and went off about how rude she was. While the other little girl was leaning over the other way doing the same exact thing. It was like the parting of the Red Sea. So just in case your wondering if mean girls exists they are alive and well! :)

No comments: